Thursday 7 May 2015

Laura Marling - Short Movie

Recommended by Bex:

I always find seeing Laura perform a thousand times better than listening to the studio release. The albums are good, often great, but they never quite click until I hear them live. I've seen her six times now, more than any other artist, yet I nearly talked myself out of going the first time.

As with every other era, the magic is in the performance. She seems stronger and more confident than ever, but in a very delicate way. The lighting on the Short Movie tour is particularly striking. 'False Hope' stood out as a vibrant rock song live - who knew Laura wanted to play more electric guitar?

What I consistently admire is that she is the least lovey-dovey singer-songwriter. As one of the least said people myself, I find that comforting. Laura's romantic references are usually sceptical, such as the 'When we were in love (if we were)' line of 'I Was an Eagle'.

I would strongly urge everyone to see Laura Marling live.

No comments:

Post a Comment